All products on display must comply with all relevant legislation in the country where the event is taking place and from the exhibitor’s country of origin, together with international undertakings, EU/UN Law and EU/UN international undertakings. It is solely the exhibitors' responsibility to obtain all necessary licenses and authorities. Compliance audits will take place throughout the event and exhibitors who are found in breach of this policy will forfeit their right to exhibit.
Any breach of any aspect of applicable trade controls will be treated as breach of Egypt International Airshow terms and conditions regarding Compliance and Eligibility to Exhibit. Companies caught promoting any type of prohibited goods will be ejected from the event and the exhibitor will have no claim for redress against the Organisers, nor any refund for loss of fees.
The following equipment and services are prohibited at Egypt International Airshow:
- Goods designed for the execution of human beings
- Goods banned by the EU because of evidence of their use in torture.
- Restraints specifically designed for restraining human beings, not including ordinary handcuffs.
- Riot control or self-protection devices designed or modified to administer and electric shock.
- Hand held spiked batons
- All cluster and non-unitary munitions with the exception of those which comply with the provisions of the Oslo Accord are prohibited. Specifically they must have all of the following characteristics:
- each munition contains fewer than ten explosive sub-munitions.
- each explosive sub-munition weighs more than four kilograms.
- each explosive sub-munition is designed to detect and engage a single target object.
- each explosive sub-munition is equipped with an electronic self-destruction mechanism.
- each explosive sub-munition is equipped with an electronic self-deactivating feature.
- Landmines, anti-personnel mines and anti-material cartridges. (Landmines Act 1998)
- Leg-irons, gang chains, shackles designed for restraining human beings having an overall dimension including chain when measured from the outer edge of one cuff to the outer edge of the other cuff of between 240mm and 280mm when locked.
- Ordinary handcuffs are handcuffs which have a dimension, including chain, measured from the outer edge of one cuff to the outer edge of the other cuff of between 150mm and 240mm when locked and which have not been modified to cause physical pain or suffering.
- Electric-shock belts designed for restraining human beings by the administration of an electric shock.
- All electric-shock dart guns
- Riot control or self-protection devices designed or modified to administer an electric shock such as electric-shock batons, electric-shock shields
- Cluster munitions means conventional munitions designed to disperse or release explosive sub-munitions or bomblets
- Explosive sub-munitions means conventional munitions, weighing less than
20 kilograms each, which, in order to perform their task, are dispersed or released from another conventional munitions and which are designed to function by detonating an explosive charge prior to, on or after impact.
- Explosive bomblets means conventional munitions, weighing less than 20 kilograms each, which are not self-propelled and which, in order to perform their task, are specifically designed to be dispersed or released by a dispenser affixed to an aircraft, and are designed to function by detonating an explosive charge prior to, on or after impact.
- All other non-unitary munitions, explosive sub-munitions and explosive bomblets, together with components specifically designed for such cluster munitions, explosive sub-munitions or explosive bomblets are prohibited. This exclusion does not, however, apply to conventional munitions which are designed to dispense flares, smoke, pyrotechnics or chaff, electrical or electronic effects or which are designed exclusively for an air defence role.
- Pursuant to Section 1 (4) of the Landmines Act 1998, An anti-personnel mine is a landmine which
(a) is designed to be detonated by the presence, proximity or contact of an individual; and
(b) is capable of incapacitating, injuring or killing an individual.
A component of an anti-personnel mine is anything designed or adapted to form part of an anti-personnel mine.
A prohibited object is an anti-personnel mine or any component of an anti-personnel mine
Note: Services in respect of the list of prohibited equipment are also prohibited.
- Compliance audits will take place before and throughout the event to ensure that equipment, services, documentation and all other forms of visual promotion and display exhibited comply with the above-mentioned undertakings.
- Exhibitors will not be permitted to exhibit if their sole or predominant aim is to import for immediate resale.
- The Organisers reserve the right to make the final decision concerning the eligibility of exhibits and matters of compliance.
- All exhibitors should be advised that engaging in brokering, procurement or promotion to, or commercial discussions with, individual attendees at the event may be subject to local or international regulation.
It is the responsibility of all exhibitors to ensure that they have all necessary trade control licences in place before commencing any such activity at this event
- In addition, no item including prohibited weapons, firearms and hazardous equipment may be exhibited or promoted which would be in contravention of relevant legislation in the country in which the event takes place, or the country of origin of the exhibitor where such legislation applies extraterritorially.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to ensure that they are aware of all relevant legislation which may apply to their company, or their intended exhibits
If you are caught promoting any type of prohibited goods without a relevant export control and/or import license or permit, you will be ejected from the event and the exhibitor will have no claim for redress against the Organisers, nor any refund for loss of fees.